Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 2: Challenges Everywhere

     Here's my confession for the day:  before I walked in to the 1st day of bootcamp challenge yesterday, I talked to one of my friends and admitted that I had jitters about taking the class.  It was the same feeling I got just before going on-stage for a play/show/speech - excited and yet nervous at the same time.  I felt that way because it means a lot to me and I want to do my very best. 
     The coaches' positive encouragement and reminders to picture my vision pushed me to keep going eventhough it was too much at times.  My body was probably saying, "WTH are you doing to me?" and yet my mind kept saying, "You can do this! You made it through even more in the past." 
     I was thrilled to have gotten through the first day.  I didn't really know how my body would feel when I woke up but surprisingly felt great.  I even had the energy to run 2.5 miles during my lunch break.  As Maia always reminds us, we're doing something good for ourselves. 
     On my way to the 2nd day of class, however, the stress of managing a busy work/family schedule posed to be a challenge but I was still determined to make it.  My 9-year old son's wise words of wisdom were: it's never too late! I'm grateful for another friend who calmed me down (and think about safety first) and the coaches who helped me catch up once I settled in. 
     I thought the exercises today were just as challenging as yesterday and yet, no matter how rigorous they are, I love the intensity and the challenge to do more! I had a smile on my face after the class - an indication that I'm actually beginning to change my outlook about working out.  Hopefully one that will completely change my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment