Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 47: Newfound Cooking Skills

Penang Curry with Shrimp and Veggies
          I walked for a mile during my break and then I decided to cook a Thai dish for the first time.  I love Thai food so I’m really excited about trying to recreate my favorite dish with shrimps.  It was surprisingly simple to do.  I just followed the instructions from the curry sauce and then added shrimps, vegetables, and spices. 
Looking back, my previous lack of cooking skills had to do with my comfort level in the kitchen.  I also didn’t pay attention how much processed foods or fast foods affected my nutrition and health.  Now I can say that awareness and knowledge are powerful tools upon changing my lifestyle.  I just had to see how others do it and then tried them out myself.
I wouldn’t have gotten to this point without the help of the coaches and other bootcamp testgroup members who openly share their healthy habits.  I’m grateful for all of those and I’m looking forward to utilizing my newfound cooking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment