Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 25: Power of a Smile

“A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.”
-          W. A. Ward

Running around
Washington Monument
I ran 2.5 miles during my break and felt terrific.  Asking someone to take a photo of me while running has been a fun part of my routine!  It’s like a social experiment which makes running around the nation’s capital even more interesting.  I found that others willingly oblige to assist when I approach them with a smile and friendly voice.  Such is the power of smile!    
I also checked out the Farmer’s Market near my office before going to Bootcamp class.  I was excited about getting fresh produce.  I looked like I actually know what to do with them.  I got peaches and sweet potatoes for my snacks in the office.  The stand selling chicken and bison from an Amish farm caught my attention.  My co-worker told me that it’s better to get it there than the grocery store since they have more natural ingredients.  I plan to get it next week and try to see what I can come up with.
            I thought the team meeting also turned out well.  Maia is surely a great instructor and coach.  She knows exactly how to encourage and inspire everyone individually and as a team.  Once again, I was reminded of my goals and vision when I signed up to do this.  It doesn’t matter what the numbers say.  Ultimately, what matters most is how much I’ve improved to be healthier physically, mentally, and emotionally within a short period of time, and that’s something that nobody can measure in numbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment