Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 39: Yoga and Bootcamp



Yoga
           I went to the lunch time yoga class for an hour today.  It was good but I wasn't accustomed to the instructor's teaching style.  He kept mentioning yoga terms which I've never heard of and he kept using the kidney as the point of reference to do a certain pose.  Honestly, I know it's near my stomach but I don't exactly know where it is especially if I have to think about what side my arms and legs should be.  I still got good stretches and it was a great way to surprise my body with another form of exercise.  The instructor at least walked around to correct body postures once in a while.
         The total body workout at bootcamp was quite a challenge but I still made it through the entire thing.  The high intensity training surely works every part of my body and wakes up muscles I never knew I had. Those burpies kill me each time but I do what I can.  If not for bootcamp, I don't think I would have tried a lot of the exercises on my own.  The 10 minutes of yoga that Maia did at the end felt so good to stretch out the muscles we've been using!

No comments:

Post a Comment