Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 43: Following the great explorer

"By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions,
one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination."
- Christopher Columbus

Look what I cooked!

          It was nice to have the day off today.  As the great discoverer said, one may unfailingly arrive at this chosen goal by overcoming all obstacles or distractions.  Just imagine where we would be today if he wasn't courageous enough to explore beyond the unchartered territories.
         I went to the Kazaxe class in the morning and enjoyed dancing what my mama gave me!  It's the most fun way to burn calories.  There was even a pregnant lady in the class and overheard her comment that it didn't feel like working out at all. 
        I also decided to make salmon with sweet and spicy salsa, white rice, and baby brussel sprouts for lunch and dinner.  I was so excited that it turned out yummy.  I'm getting better at cooking and incorporating veggies to my meals.
        The bootcamp class was difficult but Maia kept pushing us through.  My knees were bothering me for some reason today.  I may have to get new shoes since I've been wearing a rather old pair of running shoes. 
        We also had our two week weigh-in today.  My weight and the measurement of most of my body parts remained the same from the last weigh-in.  Talking to the coaches reminded me not to focus on the figures because there are a lot of other factors which are more important to think about.  Actually, I'm happy as long as there wasn't any significant weight gain.  So far, I've lost 2" on my waist which makes me very happy!
         Aside from the bootcamp classes four times a week, my goals this week are:  to continue running or doing yoga three times a week, healthy cooking three times this week, noting my food journal on My fitness pal again, and reducing the everyday stress level by preparing ahead of time.           

No comments:

Post a Comment