Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 34: Stepping Outside my Comfort Zone

           With the cold and rainy weather, I decided to get some rest today.  I have so many things to catch up on at home so it was a good day to stay in.  As I was organizing my closet, however, my box of Halloween costumes caught my eye and figured it’s time to start planning my outfit this year.  I bought Padme Amidala’s white midriff and pants costume last year but never felt comfortable in it.  I wore it once and covered up with a long sweater so it wasn’t noticeable at all.  I wanted to wear the costume to a couple of events since then but still didn’t feel comfortable especially since the costume was made out of thin materials.
           When I tried it on today, I was THRILLED to find out that I finally feel comfortable with the way it fits!  It seemed like I just won the lottery as I ran and shared the good news with my son.  Oh, the little things that make me happy : )  I plan to wear it at the Air & Space Halloween event since they will feature Star Wars characters.  My son can pick one of his several Star Wars costume so we can go together as a team.           
Bison and veggies for lunch
I was inspired to take another challenge - cooking bison patties and veggies for lunch.  The bison patties turned out perfectly (by my standards anyway).  My son enjoyed the fuller and sweeter taste than the regular beef burger.  Who knew I’d ever be able to get to this stage?  I was surprised how easy it was to cook this time around.  Just like with everything else, I have to start slowly but surely and then add other things as I get comfortable.  I love how the 60-day challenge has inspired me to step outside my comfort zone in many aspects of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment