Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 36: Why am I doing this?

          After being together on this journey with Bootcamp Testgroup members for over five weeks, we've all bonded and gotten to know each other a bit better.  Today, we found out each other's main reasons for doing this.  Ultimately, we are altogether on this fitness journey and support each other's goals.
          Listening to other members share why they are doing this was a very powerful and meaningful experience.  We are doing this not just for aesthetic reasons but more importantly, to make important lifestyle changes.  Throwing away our list of excuses was a symbolic way of getting rid of the reasons which may prevent us from reaching our goals.
          It was a great way for me to re-evaluate my goals and why I wanted to do it in the first place.  It was also a time to evaluate my accomplishments since the day I signed up.  I celebrate over the healthier lifestyle changes at this point, friendships which I've gained from this journey, inspiration from the coaches, and the courage to do some things I never would have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment