Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 38: Bootcamp 1st Year Anniversary

Sharing what KZX Bootcamp means to me...

           My KZX Bootcamp experience has been a surprisingly wonderful journey thus far! Before signing up for the 60-day challenge, I thought bootcamp was only for the hardcore bodybuilding fanatics or those who are already in great shape. Boy, was I wrong, and I’ve never been happier about it. I signed up for the 60-day challenge for several reasons but mostly to be the healthiest that I can be in order to be a good role model for my son and others.
          I was nervous about going to class during the first week and didn’t really know what to expect. With Maia and the coaches’ encouragement and support every class, I have been able to do some things I never thought I could do physically and mentally. Just by going to Bootcamp class four times a week, running three times a week, and eating healthier, I’ve seen significant improvements that probably would have taken me six times longer if I didn’t join the program. I’ve lost weight, greatly reduced the belly fat from pregnancy, gained some muscles (ever-so-slightly) I’ve never had before, ate healthier meals, and learned how to cook within over a month.
          My family, friends, and co-workers have been complimenting me on such tremendous developments I’ve made thus far. I still have more to work on but I feel great about making lifestyle changes which were prompted by the Bootcamp Challenge! I consider it to be one of the greatest and most meaningful challenges I’ve ever taken.
          Without the KZX Bootcamp, I wouldn’t have pushed myself to do more physically nor would I have discovered just how strong I really am. I’m that much closer to reaching my goals, some of which others may say are just too lofty. Then again, bootcamp has proven to me that anything is possible with dedication, hard work, persistence, and faith.
            I’m grateful for having the opportunity to be a part of this journey with such great and inspiring group of individuals. Thank you wholeheartedly for everything that you all do to change lives by empowering everyone to find inner and outer strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment