Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 11: Best of Both Worlds

            "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude."
- Thomas Jefferson

Running around
the Smithsonian
             I was so willing to run in the rain today but it stopped raining when I went outside. For my lunch workout, I decided to change my running route a bit by going around the Smithsonian area. It added about .5-.75 miles to my routine and it was more challenging since I’m not keen on running in sandy areas.  It was a nice change of scenery, though.  One of the reasons I like running is to have time to think (when I’m by myself) and enjoy the scenery.  I’m grateful that I have the chance to see the museums and landmark sights in the nation’s capital while I run. 
For the evening workout, I thought the Kazaxe and Bootcamp combination was a fantastic idea!  What a great way to get the best of both worlds.  I had to get use to the transitions but I got the hang of it towards the end.  My goal that evening was to make it through the entire class, which I did.  I can feel that my stamina is getting stronger every day.

All smiles after working out

My family and friends have been complimenting me on my dedication and motivation to be healthier.  One of my co-workers even decided to start working out again after she noticed positive changes from my fitness journey.  I’m happy that I contributed positively towards her health and fitness.  Thus far, I’m enjoying the arduous journey and I’m looking forward to what’s in store ahead. 

1 comment:

  1. You are better then I ... I see rain sometimes and I'm like.... I'll do INsanity instead! lol!

    ReplyDelete