Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 14: Rest

“Success is not a place at which one arrives but rather
the spirit with which one undertakes and continues the journey.”
– Alex Noble
Today was the first day I didn’t work-out since we started the Bootcamp Challenge.  So much for a relaxing Sunday as I rushed on to a Sunday School meeting first thing in the morning.  I also wanted to donate blood but wasn’t able to do so at this time due to iron deficiency.  I have to start eating more veggies and vitamins so that I can do more for myself and help others.  After that, we cleared out my son’s toys so that we can donate them to Salvation Army.  It seems like there’s always so much to do in so little time. 
Sometimes when I get frustrated and overwhelmed, I admit the harsh reality that I can’t do everything by myself.   Thus, I’m always grateful for loved ones who help me out any way they can.  I also know the importance of taking time to rest and just being still.  Towards the end of the day, I caught up reading a couple of fashion and celebrity magazines (one of my guilty pleasures), planned my work and work-out outfits, watched some episodes of my favorite shows, and nurtured my spiritual side today.
I reflected upon how much I’ve accomplished since I signed up for the Bootcamp Challenge and I'm happy that I can do more than I ever thought or tried before.  I’m certain that I’ll encounter everyday challenges (mentally and physically) along the way but I will continue to do my best each day to make it a remarkable and enjoyable  journey : )           

No comments:

Post a Comment