Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 16: Finding Balance

The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us.
If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.
-       Euripides

After Running/Walking
I always feel great about running/walking for 2.5 miles during my lunch break.  It gives me a chance to get away from the computer, think about my to-do list or my spiritual journey, and enjoy the nice autumn days.  I had strawberries for snack and drank a lot of water today.  I think I stayed within my calorie count but it’s hard for me to jot down or update My Fitness Pal journal when I have a full schedule like today.
I wasn’t able to make it to the Bootcamp Class tonight due to my son’s Back-to-School night.  I’ve learned a long time ago that balancing the demands of family, work, and personal endeavors would require significant patience and flexibility.  Perhaps my biggest stressor comes from wanting to do it all but I’ve accepted that it isn’t humanly possible.  Time flies quickly so I just make the most out of each moment.  Fortunately, my son and I share a lot of qualities, including the joy of laughter.     
Going to Kazaxe or Bootcamp has also been a wonderful stress-reliever for me.  It’s nice to know that others who are in the same journey are supportive, and the coaches motivate us to do more.  I feel great after each class knowing that I’m working towards renewing myself.   

1 comment:

  1. I have great stress in wanting to do it all, too, May. Is that a pinoy thing or a women thing. Either way.... you have t find balance and prioritize whats important. Today for instance, I wanted to go out after class with people from KZX .... but my priorities are saving money for my house and reading about your journeys! So, I packed my lunch and ate alone. But now I feel like I know more and more about all of you. After each BLOG, I learn something different and I feel more inspired to do what I do. Thank you for being my inspiration today! Keep it up and know that finding contentment in choices make finding balance and peace a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete