Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 7: My "Pouch"

            Since I had an emergency C-section when my son was born 9 years ago, things have never been the same especially since I gained a whopping 50 pounds during my pregnancy (20 pounds of which I still have today).  Though I joke about my fondly called “pouch,” I don’t regret it because it is a reminder that I nurtured the biggest blessing in my life before he was even born. To keep things in perspective, I always tell him, “Thank you for being in my life.  I love you.” 
            I know that I have to work extra hard on my abs to strengthen and tighten my muscles in that area.  It wasn’t until recently that I noticed a change on my pouch.  My dresses no longer look as bulgy in the front and I’m rejoicing over it no matter how slight the difference may be.  I struggle with the belly/abs work-out the most but I’ve been able to do more in the past week with the help of the coaches who give that extra push and encouragement.         
Much needed
Tummy Trimmers
            Today, I decided to do 40 minutes of abs work-out at home.  Nobody instructed me to do it and nobody was there to see me but I did it for myself.  They were still hard for me but I noticed an improvement on my strength level.  I did 10 minutes of the standing abs, 10 minutes of the core abs, 10 minutes of the boot camp abs, and 10 minutes on the stability ball.  I kept envisioning a tighter and stronger mid-section while working out.   
            As for nutrition, I’ve been keeping within the 1200 calories count through portion control.  I successfully prepared breakfast again this morning – hard boiled eggs and a banana.  For lunch, I had chicken and spinach manicotta.  For dinner, my mom prepared something yummy - ground beef mixed with minced potatoes and rice.  However, I found it hard to drink 8 glasses of water when I’m not in the office because it throws off my entire schedule. 
            I learned that part of the battle is knowing what works and what doesn’t work for me.  My body is finally accustomed to working out every day so the challenges will come from variety and intensity, and that’s exactly why KZX Bootcamp is great for me!  I’m still learning about nutrition every day but I know that I will get better as time goes by, hopefully before my son goes to college.     

No comments:

Post a Comment