Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 8: Family Holiday Meals


Holiday meal with the family
I love having a big family especially when we have the Labor Day Barbecue at my mom’s home.  She prepared salmon with veggies, my brothers grilled baby back ribs and steak, my sister prepared banana nut bread, and my youngest sister prepared lumpia and fresh mango salsa.  Then they asked, “What’s your contribution?”  I thought for a moment and replied, “I chilled the beverage!”  I’m different from them like that, and fortunately, they still love me.
Everything was delicious but I only opted to eat two strips of the baby back ribs, lumpia, salmon with savory veggies, mango salsa, rice, and mango mochi.  I didn’t go back for seconds either. 

Sweating out to Pilates & Yoga Blend
I did the “Crunch Super Slimdown:  Pilates & Yoga Blend” in the evening.  I worked on my core for 45 minutes by following the more challenging positions; thus, making me sweat a lot.  My body felt great after completing the workout. 
So far, I’ve worked out every day (sometimes even twice a day) since the bootcamp challenge started.  I feel better and empowered every day.  Others have also commented how happy I am with my progress and development on my physical fitness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment