Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 19: My Driving Force

         I felt unusual aches and pains from the work-out last night so I decided to rest today.  As I reflect upon my KZX bootcamp experience thus far, I feel grateful for having the chance to be a part of such a unique group of individuals working towards better health and fitness.  We may have different challenges but we all support each other to reach our goals.
         One thing I've learned about myself from this challenge and previous fitness challenges is my commitment to finish it until the end.  Everytime I attend Bootcamp or Kazaxe, my goal is to finish it without giving up midpoint.  I take breaks but then push myself harder when I get back into it.
          I've always had the will to finish what I signed up for.  I recall the last 10-mile run I did a few years ago.  My siblings' goals were to beat their personal record or each other's time.  Mine was simply to finish the course without getting picked up by the bus.  I had already passed the 8-mile mark when I noticed the bus slowly trailing behind me.  I pushed myself to run faster even if I was exhausted.  After a few minutes, I realized that I beat the cut-off time so I swiftly moved on the other lane.  Everyone in the bus probably got a kick out of it as I ran faster.
          In Bootcamp, Maia and the other coaches have been my "bus" or my driving force.  They motivate me to keep going until the end.  It's great to have an instructor who pushes me to do more without discouraging me.  I love how encouraging, energetic, and real she is during class! Knowing that I have a strong support group in class makes this fitness journey easier, and one which I'm always grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment