Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 22: Another Breakthrough

I am always doing that which I cannot do,
in order that I may learn how to do it. 
~Pablo Picasso            

          I have to say that tonight's class has been the hardest one yet!  I couldn't believe the intensity of the workout tonight.  Even then, I kept pushing myself to do more which led me to almost throw up a couple of times.  That's when I would take it down a notch and slow down.  As I looked around, everyone had flushed faces and drenched shirts but with a whole lot of determination.
             After getting through the tough session today, I was inspired to take on another challenge at home - cooking!  I thought, "If I can handle the arduous physical challenges in class, I can do more in other aspects of my life as well."  I consider it as another breakthrough moment.  I decided to cook encrusted flounder and mixed veggies in the oven.  I added garlic salt for flavor.  After taking a shower, I checked the oven and I was happy that I didn't burn them.  The brocolli had a little bit of burnt side but it was still okay.  It turned out saltier than it should have been so I just scraped off some of the seasoning.  Not bad for my first try.  I'm sure that I'll eventually get it right as I cook more often.  Overall, I feel excited about trying something new! 

            

1 comment: