Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 17: Small changes with big results

Things do not change; we change.
- Henry David Thoreau

            I have a better idea about the level of my physical strengths and weaknesses now.  I have strong legs (love the squats) and have no problems pushing myself to do more.  However, I have weak abs and core muscles so I find myself stopping more when it comes to those exercises.  Don’t get me wrong.  I can feel it on my core area when I push harder but I can’t continually do it.  Slowly but surely, I’m tightening and strengthening my core area.
As for nutrition, I haven’t been able to cook anything new this week.  I’ve been relying on Lean Cuisine meals for lunch, grilled chicken when I order dinner, 2 fruits a day, a lot of water, and Shakeology drinks.  I’ve reduced soda intake to once a week and minimal sweets to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Overall, I observed that my body isn’t accustomed to huge meals anymore and I don’t get hungry as often.  I feel better about taking Shakeology since it contains a lot of healthy nutrients.
I’m still on track with exercising, doing what I can to eat healthy (even if I haven’t cooked this week), and purging stuff at home one small pile at a time.  We still have a long way to go but I’m excited that I’m developing better habits through small changes every day.


1 comment:

  1. May! Awesome, I love hearing about the small changes like you don't feel like eating BIG anymore! Keep it up! I can't wait for this weekend and you can see how to make things happen in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete