Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 12: Just keep running

        How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I'm committed to?
~Anthony Robbins

            My shoulders were a bit achy but I still ran/walked 2.5 miles during lunch today.  I did my usual route around the White House ellipse to avoid the stop lights and crowded side streets.  I feel lighter and stronger when I’m running now.   My body feels great after each work-out.  Sometimes I have a hard time getting up in the morning but as I move around during the day, the aches or pains disapper. 
            I had salad for lunch today but I’m also aware that I still struggle with nutrition and choosing the right foods.  My son and I went to the movies tonight and I had the kid size popcorn and soda in the movie theatre.  I’m happy that physical fitness is now part of my everyday routine but I have to learn to eat smarter.  I know that it a large part of the equation towards losing weight so I have to work harder on it.
            Next week, I would like to continue working out 5-6 times a week; pushing myself to do as much as I can in bootcamp; learning to cook healthy meals; and reduce the clutter at home and in my life.  Taking it one day at a time and knowing that every little thing counts towards reaching my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment