Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 5: Celebrations and Cheerleaders

The Respicio Family celebrating
mama's birthday
         I spent most of my day by recovering and giving my body a rest especially since I feel like I'm coming down with a cold/head sinus.  Must start taking shakeology or vitamins everyday to strengthen my immune system.  I didn't eat much for breakfast and lunch - only 527 calories combined.  It was probably a good thing since it was my mom's birthday and we had a family dinner at Maggiano's.
         Our family gatherings/celebrations almost always involve eating (as illustrated by most of our photos in restaurants or at home) so I was conscious about the food portions.  I had 2 slices of bread dipped in olive oil; small portions of salad, calamari, stuffed mushroom (my fave tonight), chicken & spinach manicotti, sausage; and a half slice of lemon cake. 


After the Hard Body
Bootcamp for the Dallas
Cowboys Cheerleaders

          Dinner was delicious but I didn't want to blow off everything I've worked hard for this week so I decided to workout when we got home.  I figured it's better to do anything rather than nothing at all.  Every move counts.  To make things interesting, I chose to do the "Hard Body Bootcamp" for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.  Yes, you read it right.  Once in a while, my curiosity gets the best of me and I end up doing something amusing.
         Well, if you've survived week 1 of bootcamp (which all of us did!), I guarantee that you can do the cheerleaders' bootcamp without a problem.  I did 30 minutes of the lower body/upper body/core, 10 minutes of abs, and another 10 minutes of arms.  I did the arms section with 2 lbs weights.  The abs workout was the most helpful and challenging part for me.  I think I'll do that section again during the week.
          I'm still learning a lot about proper nutrition but at least I like exercising now.  Looking forward to working out again tomorrow to burn off more calories : )

           

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge DC fan!! And of course I love their cheerleaders!! Even watch there show on CMT :) hehe, I'm gonna have to borrow ur DVID some time! LOL

    ReplyDelete