Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 4: Empowered and terrific after the 1st week

        I was off from work today but hardly felt like it since I was always on the go.   Nevertheless, I made it a priority to make time for a morning workout. I attended the KZX Yoga class for the first time and felt good about surprising my body with another type of exercise.  I didn't have to consume as much water as I usually do but some of those yoga poses definitely made me sweat.
Bootcamp at home:
Moving fast to get my heart rate up
         It's somewhat strange to me that I haven't been too concerned about the amount of weight I'm losing.  I do it now primarily because it makes me feel better.  I even did all of the bootcamp exercises that Maia listed for me to do at home so that I can complete the 4 days of bootcamp this week.  I may have pushed myself too hard when my son  remarked how worried he was about my breathing so I took it down a notch.  It was more difficult to do since I was a bit sore from doing bootcamp in 4 consecutive days but I feel empowered and terrific for getting through the first week!
          Actually, a friend whom I haven't seen nor talked to since July saw me at my son's school Open House this afternoon.  She looked at me from head to toe and said, "You're looking slim!"  I thanked her kind words and said that I'm working hard on it. 
          I'm looking forward to working out again tomorrow.  It still amazes me that I can say that now.  I used to drag myself to the gym and bribed myself with cute matching workout outfits (that's not such a bad reward, right?) but now, I do it with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment